Our Main Website http://forbiddenms.sytes.net/tk/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Main Website http://forbiddenms.sytes.net/tk/

Our MAIN WEBSITE IS http://forbiddenms.sytes.net/tk/

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Karen's suggestions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TaintedLove

TaintedLove

Karen's suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Karen's suggestions   Karen's suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:36 am

Through-out my years of moderation of certain forums, thought i might give a few hints to help the server and the forums so lets start with forums

I have checked pretty much all the forums and it does appear clean. But the GM applications seems like un-organized work
May i suggest a proper format from which my old server did

Quote :
Before you apply for a staff position you must be able to do the following:
- Speak proper and fluent English
- Be able to handle everyday situations
- Speak in proper sentences

Questions -
1) Which staff position are you applying for? Game master? Mod? Or both?
2) What is your name and which country your currently living?
3)Any past experiences with moderating a private server or forum?
4) What can you do for our server?
5) Why should we choose you as staff?
6) Have you got any experiences with coding a script with c++, java, HTML etc?

Scenarios
1) What would you do if a member of the community was disagreeing with you and you tell him to stop, he/she continues to rant, what would you do?
2) A player is abusing the report function, what would you do?
3)A in-game player harasses someone and continues to do so after you tell him/her to stop, what can you do to end this situation?

Those are some of the format points i used to hire professional staff. People who just answer in 1 word questions will most probably will not get staff position and what-not
So that will conclude my forum suggestion. Moving onto in-game suggestions! (Some of these ideas come from a staff member who produced a guideline similar to this)

I have noticed the lag in the server, which doesn't bother much in a couple weeks. Though some improvements can be done in the server!

-Add more items into the npc that trades 3 phoenix eggs for a random prize, can be anything, pirate hats, level 110 clothes etc.
- Fix the drop rates in Singapore maps, at mysterious path 3, every monster i kill there's bound to be a couple steely drops. But this may be a unsolvable problem.
- Attempt to limit the number of jump quests you can do per day, so that people can stop getting heaps of chaos scrolls ;P
- Host summoning events in a more plain and empty space, I don't like having to kill having npc's in the way (This suggestion can be ignored)

That's about all i can think of in my head without crossing my mind into work structures.
Oh and i might add 1 rule for game masters too since It's already happened to me
- When a player is abusing a rule, give a warning first BEFORE taking action towards player!

Thanks for reading this, hope my suggestions help!

Karen xox
Back to top Go down
xVinVin

xVinVin

PostSubject: Re: Karen's suggestions   Karen's suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:03 am

Lol , i know you referring to who liao Very Happy
I will not say anything Smile
Don't mind that GM bah :]
Back to top Go down
TaintedLove

TaintedLove

PostSubject: Re: Karen's suggestions   Karen's suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:08 am

I wasn't pointing out the person involved so lets not start a fight here, I'm quite mature enough to avoid these types of things. And plus people aren't always perfect, but they can learn and improve from their mistakes so let this be a lesson towards some people about taking action without thinking through the consequences :]

Still..i hope these suggestions will be taken into consideration. GM applications are suppose to be like real applications not like "I think i can be GM because i pro leh, i GM sydneyMS and if you dont make me gm i give you no mesos noob ok? make gm me plizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" I mean...no-one want's to read that boring crap. And when people do post it, they check back once...and never come back. Funny yet stupid haha

Karen xox
Back to top Go down
xVile

xVile

PostSubject: Re: Karen's suggestions   Karen's suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:13 pm

xVinVin wrote:
Lol , i know you referring to who liao Very Happy
I will not say anything Smile
Don't mind that GM bah :]

LOL!! I think that i also know who is it. =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karen's suggestions   Karen's suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karen's suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Main Website http://forbiddenms.sytes.net/tk/ :: Server Stuff :: Server improve-
Jump to: